The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Striving to Honor Christ Through Writing Fiction.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert Langborn

Robert Langborn

NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword Empty
PostSubject: NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword   NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:15 pm

I have been working on one main novel project for the past six or so years - a trilogy currently known as the Live By The Sword; Die By The Sword Trilogy - and, this last November, I went ahead and began writing up my first draft for NaNoWriMo of 2012. Due to a very grieving death midway through November I was not able to finish writing up my trilogy. All that I have of the draft are the first fifteen chapters and I am continuing to work on it bit by bit as I have opportunity. For those of you who are interested I email you the chapters that I have written (and if I can devise a way of posting them to this thread I will do that).

I will be sending the chapters in Microsoft Word .doc format with Track Changes enabled for if any of you would care to give me some constructive criticism...and when I mean criticism, I mean criticism. If I can't take the truth or someone's harsh opinion during the writing process then when will I be able to take it? When the publisher turns it down? If you take the time to read my stuff (I average 10 pages or more per scene/chapter) and you come across something that strikes you as odd, interesting, incorrect, well written, comical, or could be better phrased, then please do me the favor of letting me know. I hope that you may come to care for these characters and this story as much as I do.

STORY SUMMARY:

My novel is the immediate tale of two characters, an orphaned struggling youth named Liam and an empty old battle weary warrior named Thallas (or "The Shadow" as his friends and enemies alike call him). Yet, this story is much deeper than the life (and death) adventures of these characters. This is a story of a kingdom in danger; caught in the snares of a fatal civil war and threatened to be destroyed from without as well as from within. However, regardless of how significant the deliverance of the kingdom is, the real heart of the story is how spiritual deliverance is brought to the kingdom. By the end of the trilogy the kingdom is delivered from both literal oppression and spiritual destruction......all through the blood-streaked lives of Thallas and his unwanted tag-along protege, Liam.

Interested yet? If not, stop here. You're wasting your time. :wink:
Back to top Go down
Riah
President
Riah

NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword   NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Your book really is amazing, Robert. You are a very talented writer. Feel free to send me more chapters when they're ready. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thewritersguild.forumotion.com

NaNoWriMo 2012 - Live By The Sword
Page 1 of 1