The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Striving to Honor Christ Through Writing Fiction.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna_Tyler

Anna_Tyler

Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Okay, all you Guildies that would be around to help make a video for the Writer's Guild....namely, those in Southern Oregon - listen up!! (I would love it if we could get those of you that live out of Grants Pass down here to be a part of this, but I don't know if that would work :/ )

So, Mariah and I had a really cool idea for a video we could make that would be simple, cool, not take more than an afternoon to shoot and would be utterly amazing.

The general idea is this:

Setting: Dutch Bros coffee house. Someone (preferably Mariah, as she is our President!) is sitting by the window, reading a book and enjoying a coffee. Someone places a paper origami swan on the table behind her book (where she can't see it) and walks away. (The idea is, this is a mysterious person. We never see who it is.) Mariah sets down her book and, with a start, notices the paper swan (this is a theme from a previous writing by the Guild). We see her open it, and watch her read it; the contents are unknown to us. Mariah quickly packs up her book, grabs her coffee, and stuffs the paper in her pocket. (She can fold it, but I think stuffing is more....dramatic.)

Now Mariah begins collecting the members of the Guild. She can make phone calls, find people in random cafe's and coffee shops - maybe even one of the Guildies is sitting on the sidewalk, playing a guitar or something...if any of us can do that Razz What may be another cool element is if Mariah calls one Guild member and they pick up another person and meet Mariah and her "mob" somewhere...? Wink

Anyways. This goes on until all Guild members are collected (should be a fairly quick process for on-screen reasons) and, secret agent style, we file into a building, and into a dimly lit room. Someone flicks on a light, and in the center of the room is a book, blank-paged, with a pen or two sitting across it's open pages.

Someone pipes up with the most important (and maybe the only) line in the video: "Well, writers....let's do this." as we all cast serious, determined glances at each other.

So....yeah. There's my idea. Take it or leave it, but Mariah and I agree it is cool and would be a ton of fun. And maybe for the credits we can take turns writing in the blank book and I'll skillfully work that into the video Wink lol But yes...looks like Saturday the 20th would be a good day to do this for me, but since I've been spending so much time out and about lately (and therefore not seeing my family much) we may want to wait until the beginning of August to try it.

Let me know what you think and let's get this rolling!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ariel_J

Ariel_J

PostSubject: Re: Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm

I think it is a great idea!!! I would love to be a part of it. I think it would take more like 6 hours ... but still that's not bad. I'm kind of busy the 20th... but I CAN do it. Smile The other date I can do it is the 10th. And possibly the 27th. Smile
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks for the idea, guys! I hope it works out!
Back to top Go down
Anna_Tyler

Anna_Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Yay!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well, I know morning would be best to avoid unnecessary heat, so I know for me a morning would be best Very Happy then, if it takes 6 hours...it takes 6 hours. And no one is late for dinner Smile
Back to top Go down
1one Wolf

1one Wolf

PostSubject: Gwahahaha!   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 am

Sounds fun! And very HUMBLE. I most likely will be able to at any time.
Back to top Go down
Riah
President
Riah

PostSubject: Re: Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Not sure if this weekend will work for me... we have people coming to stay at our house. But I love this idea!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thewritersguild.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?   Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern Oregon Guildies VIDEO?!?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writers Guild :: Guild Events-
Jump to: