The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Striving to Honor Christ Through Writing Fiction.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to me?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Riah
President
Riah

What happened to me?  Empty
PostSubject: What happened to me?    What happened to me?  EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:58 pm

I feel like I’ve lost my ability to write. Ever since May, writing has been much more difficult. The words don’t come like they used to. My writing feels choppy and inadequate; I feel like there is no way to convey the feelings and thoughts that I want to.
And it’s so hard. Writing is my passion. I love it like nothing else. But I feel like I’ve lost my gift. I sit for hours just staring at a blank page. I type a word, then I backspace. The only decent thing (in my opinion) that I’ve written since May is dark. Hurriedly written in the black moments, trying to find some form of release. Other than that… it feels lifeless.
I want to be able to write well. I want to write novels that bring glory to God and share His gospel. But how do I do it?

I’m sorry to vent like this. I just needed to get it out, and I figured that you guys would understand. You all mean so much to me. I love you
Back to top Go down
https://thewritersguild.forumotion.com
Anna_Tyler

Anna_Tyler

PostSubject: Re: What happened to me?    What happened to me?  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 am

Mmmm..............I was feeling like this not too long ago. Now, though, I don't even have time to write, no matter how much inspiration I have.

I know all I have to do is watch a movie or read a book that has either a really good, inspiring plot or insanely good morals. Basically, I just need to see, feel, or experience something that I then want to go and try to capture in the form of a story or book...

I don't know if this will help at all - sometimes inspiration just has to come from God. Love you, Riah! Smile
Back to top Go down
AnnaDee

AnnaDee

PostSubject: Re: What happened to me?    What happened to me?  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm in a lot of the same position, but what I have heard is that to get better you need to write a LOT!!! Stop judging what you type and just write, then edit if needed. Smile I'm trying to do the same.
Love ya ME!
Back to top Go down
Riah
President
Riah

PostSubject: Re: What happened to me?    What happened to me?  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 am

I love you too, CoC!! <3
Back to top Go down
https://thewritersguild.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to me?    What happened to me?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writers Guild :: Coffee House-
Jump to: